5/27/10

Package Design - DVD Text only - Seven

Objective: 
Find a DVD and redesign the cover using only type. The final should be front, back and spine, as well as, insert front and back and the DVD.


Post: Thumbnail, Digital Rough, Final.

Description:
DVD: Seven -
I used a large #7 to span the entire space with a gritty font called CGF OFF-ROAD. I then used the seven sins, which is the theme of the movie, in the number in a subtle color/shade. I used repetition of these seven sins. I then picked random spots to change the color of the listings to a bright red. This is in keeping with the theme of the movie as well as the murders are at random. I used the font Last Sound Track for the Sins and the Title, which I made large and red. I also exchanged the V in seven for a #7. Finally I applied a quote and the featured actors in a Palatino font. On the original movie they used hash marks, which I thought I would keep in my design which are done in the Megiapaoid font. I plan on adding more color and completing the back spine, inside piece front and back as well as the DVD to complete this project.


Thumbnail

Digital Rough

No comments:

Post a Comment