6/28/10

Digital Illustration - Reasearch & Reference

OBJECTIVE:
Research and select appropriate reference material to be used in digital illustration:

I have had many years of experience in finding reference material. Finding references that are crisp and clear and are legal for use. In many cases it is best to take create your own reference materials so there will be no copyright issues in the future.
RESEARCH
REFERENCE

ILLUSTRATION

Description:
For this assignment I chose a photo I took this summer of my daughter (Berlyn) eating watermelon. I also chose an illustration from W K Kellogg (1916, 1910) J C Leyendecker – 022 as it has great detail and textures in the little girls hair. I felt I could utilize that technique as well as the multiple shades found in the skin. I have always thought and been told this image shows essence of summer. I don’t know if I was quite able to capture that in the black and white illustration.